Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hospital Visit

Friday after shopping Tarra and I made our way to the hospital.

I had to go to the IV therapy building. We went in, and I of course had paperwork to fill out.

Once I got back to the room I started to get a little nervous. The first nurse that came in was a little short with me and seemed to be all over the place. I tried to be patient, she seemed busy but still, don't be short with me lady Im nervous. That nurse left the room to answer the phone or something and another nurse came in to get me started. She was soo nice. I was hoping this gal was going to stick around.

She did. She took my vitals, and started my IV.( She was awesome! You could tell she knew what she was doing!Thank God!!) Next was the "test" dose. My sister said the iron for the IV looked just like iron drops that babies get...it was just a brown thin liquid. Once the "test" dose was finished she checked my vitals again, I was fine. So then I got the "real" dose. About an hour later, I was done. Everything went fine. The only bad part was as I was getting the iron through the IV, I got a metal like taste in my mouth. Other than that, it was fine, no big deal really.

So in 2 weeks when I go home, I am going to get 5 more doses. Hopefully it helps. Im sick of being tired all the time and having no energy.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I can't believe you have to go through so many transfusions. But I'm glad that they will help with your energy level, it is horrible trying to keep up with your schedule on no energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilie,

    I hope that the IV helps! Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete