Thursday, January 1, 2009

Shootin' Out Back

For Christmas Bobby got a new gun from his parents. Bobby was itching to get out and shoot his new gun.

So today Bobby came over and went out back into the field and we shot some clay discs. I was very hesitant at first, I have never shoot a gun before. First I threw some clay discs for Bobby and then he gave me a lesson on shooting and then I tried. Well lets just say I really enjoyed myself. I didn't think I could do it, I was worried that the gun would kick back too hard and that I would fall I was also worried about how loud the gun would be, I did have ear plugs in on though.

But when I pulled the trigger I was fine. I even hit a clay disc...! I was so pumped! Every time Bobby would hit a clay disc I would yell, "whooohoo!" We both had a good time. It was so cold, but it was fun. Bobby and I went for a little hike out in the woods to the Grand River. It was so nice to spend the afternoon outside and get some fresh air.

It was a fun way to spend New Year's Day. I think we may even shoot some more clay discs again this weekend! :)

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. that is a SWEET shot of the two of you! glad you had fun doing something new. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl! good job, I have never shot a gun either, but it love a challange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! Brian can't wait to take me out some time to shoot a gun, I haven't done it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl...looks like cooper had fun too...the first time I ever shot a gun on was on my tush:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go. Bobby looks so much like Johnny, jr. A 20gage is not going to kick much not like a 12gage. Keep up with the practice, maybe soon you will be coming home with something to eat....gramps sal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year's!:)

    ReplyDelete